About Me, Rabecka Marie!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Feed Me Your Thoughts...Digital Storytelling Sample

Hello World,

Ok, so I am working on a curriculum web page that will feature a digital storytelling project that I plan to assign to my future students. This project will be geared towards college level students either in a student success or educational technology class.

I would like my students to create a  presentation about themselves using Microsoft PowerPoint, Apple Keynote, or Prezi. I call this a digital icebreaker. The presentations can be pretty informal and just a way to expose the students to technology and each other! My plan is to collect the student presentations and put them on a classroom blog.

Please click here to view my example presentation!

I have included links to my Wiki as well as classroom blog which are both under construction. I could really use some feedback! Tell me what you think!

Classroom Blog
Curriculum Wiki

2 comments:

  1. I really like the video that you have made and I think this is a great idea for student success classes, which are mostly taken by freshmen. this type of project is a great way to allow your students to express their creativity but not overwhelming them with technical jargons or out of the box concepts. Since the YouTube is so popular these days, I'm sure you will have no issues with your students being enthused about doing this type of project.


    *** sidenot*** I know your still working on your wikipage but I'm interested in knowing how you are about to create this type of presentation? I'm now thinking about using a similar approach instead of prezi. to showcase my digital storytelling about the Harlem Renaissance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I loved your presentation and your photos. You put together a great digital story. The photos of your wonderful kids made the presentation even more personal and fun, they are adorable.

    I loved your music as well. I did not share the same luck in getting my narration to work, so I added the file underneath. I think you have a great story for your students.

    Thank you for sharing your story,

    Scott Foster EME 5050

    ReplyDelete